It has been a while since I have updated people on what is going on with BonaResponds, so here goes:
* Local Service Day is September 8th. We have many great jobs already lined up with more to come! Some of the jobs include: building a wheelchair ramp for elderly woman, installing a new toilet and bathroom facilities for a gentleman, removing a broken porch, working at SPCA, painting at local parks, building trails, putting up signs for Bob's Woods, working with local schools, and more.
* We are starting a "Quick Response" team to go into disaster areas. This would require some additional training but is a great opportunity and highly recommended. Details will follow.
* We are looking into a fall break trip to NYC. Of course this may change depending on the hurricane season etc, but working in Harlem is a likely prospect.
* Christmas break and Spring break trips to the Gulf are also being planned.
* our relationships wth other organizations (Hands on Disaster Response (HODR.org), Randy' Rangers, and Americorps) continue to be core tenants of BonaResponds. We will continue to stregthen these ties and look for ways we can leverage what is already being done reather than reinventing the wheel.
It is going to be a very exciting year! You won't want to miss a single event. So get involved!
General meeting September 4 at 7:30 in Murphy Hall (Dresser Aud-C)