Thursday, October 02, 2008

More Thank-yous

Over the past few days Ashley has been taking some thank you notes we've received and typing them into so that all the volunteers can know their work was appreciated. We do not have permission to use names so they will be generic to city.

From Olean:

I want to personally thank you for the caliber of the young adults that serve on the [BonaResponds] they are awesome! [BonaResponds] are truly a unique force in our community exhibiting character and dedication to a task which will build a strong relationship to a school of high standards. Thank you so much for blessing us with such a group of young adults to help. A great work was accomplished … as we are renovating the house next to the chapel for Sunday school rooms. I felt that perhaps a personal hand written note would speak volumes more of our gratitude than a manufactured letter. The words from the lyrics of a song come to mind which I think indicates the kind of students you have. “He is no fool if he would choose to give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

From Cedar Rapids Iowa:

"Thank you very much for all of your help on my flooded home. BonaResponds were so great…I’m a single parent who needed help and they were there for me. They did everything I asked and then some. I couldn’t have done it without them. Please keep helping us. Everyone was so happy to have them in my neighborhood. We all are helping each other to get their this I hope I can help repay you some day. Thanks again very much."

More to come soon...

No comments: