This year the work day will be in conjunction with Villa Maria College.
Basic idea of the day: We meet at Villa Maria, have a short meeting, go work at various sites (take lunches), return to VillaMaria for free dinner and all-hands recap meeting.
A partial list of jobs (still waiting to hear from a few others)
- Bob Lanier Center-- Caulking Windows, cleaning inside and outside pickup
- St. Brigid-Columba Youth Center-- stripping wallpaper, cleaning walls, painting?
- Felician Sisters Mother House -- painting several rooms, setting up library
- Sr. Josette Food Pantry --- cleaning and organizing on-campus food pantry
- Cheektowaga Historical Society -- cleaning basement
- CHC Learning Center -- cleaning toys, therapy equipment, classrooms
- Kevin Guest House -- cleaning- walls, windows, etc
- Moving Miracles -- painting offices, building recital props,
- Villa SIFE Big Brothers/Sisters Carnival -- assist with running carnival- games, etc
- Nativity Miguel Middle School St. Monica Campus -- cleaning, washing walls and baseboards
- New Testament Church Youth Center -- painting, drywalling, patching walls for new youth center and computer lab
Meet at Villa/Registration 9:45-10:00
Work Day 10:30 -4:00
Return to Villa; Clean up 4:15-4:30
End of Day Meeting 4:30 (with slide show from the day)
Dinner 5:00 ish
TransportationThere will be transportation to VillaMaria from SBU. Details are still being worked out on this (and depend on the number of drivers) but we plan on getting a school bus, have the BonaResponds Van and will try to get other vehicles too. BUT IF YOU CAN DRIVE AND TAKE PEOPLE please indicate that on our sign-up form below.
Open to all. Get your family, your friends, alumni, or people off the street who want to help others.
Here is a sign-up form:
Here are liability waiver forms for BonaResponds and we will have ones from VillaMaria up very soon (everyone needs to fill out each).