Friday, July 24, 2009

This weekend

Three volunteer opportunities this weekend.

1. On Saturday RebuildingTogether will be hosting their annual work day. They will be painting the house that we scraped two weeks ago. If you can make it out, that would be great. It is 120 Elm in N. Olean. They start at 9:00 but I know I will be late, so come whenever.

2. On Sunday on the Tuscora Indian Reservation just NE of Niagara Falls (2323 Printup Road Sanborn NY). They are building a new building. I have been there twice (one to help dig a foundation) and it is a pretty cool place. Definitely recommended if you are near there. Make sure to take gloves (and I would suggest bug spray or long sleeves, long pants, and a hat!)

3. On Sunday (not sure on time, probably 11 ish--contact me for further details) a small group will be going to Friendship to give Ed and Donna a hand. I spoke with Donna yesterday and she said any help would be appreciated.


There you have it. As our saying stickers say: Volunteer and Change the World :)

No comments: