Comments given in various interviews over the past few days
* "The Fall Break trip is a staple of BonaResponds. We were formed over a fall break and have gone to Mississippi, Ohio, and Iowa. This year with no disasters in region, staying in WNY is a great opportunity. We can finish up work in Gowanda as well as help some people locally."
* I"n some ways a local "trip" is the best of both worlds. We get to help people and have fun doing it, without the costs and stress of traveling half way across the country."
* "One of our local jobs in Olean will be to finish up a wheel chair ramp for a woman who has not been able to go outside by herself in over a year. It will give her more freedom and improve her lifestyle."
* "Another job will be cleaning out the basement of an elderly Olean woman. It is a sad story that is largely a replay of what we did last year in Cowenango Valley. The basement needs to be cleaned out before a new furnace can be installed. It may not be the most glamorous job in the world, but it is a vital step to getting this woman heat. She went last winter without it."
* "It will be a great weekend: good work and good fun. The jobs are good and I am sure the volunteers will not only help others, but have a great time doing so."