Image by FinanceProfessor via Flickr
BonaResponds and FoodForHaitiNow is committed to feeding 200,000 Haitians. This will require the help of many different events! This weekend we have two going on. A T-shirt sale plus a 5k race in Buffalo.
1. T-Shirt Sale to help feed 200,000!
The shirts will no doubt become a "Must-Have T-Shirt". And you can get one! How? Come to the Reilly Center on Thursday and Friday this week from 11-4 to get yourself what will be the must-have Bonaventure t-shirt of the semester. Jesus is in fact a Saint (Bonaventure) fan and you can be part of the action for a mere ten dollar donation. Shirts will also be available during the baseball games this weekend versus Fordham. Don’t miss out on the shirts people will be talking about for years to come!
2. There is also a 5K race in Buffalo's Delaware Park. Teaming with former BonaResponds leader Carrie Jackling, plus VillaVolunteers, Help Create Change, JustRespond, Daemen College, Allegany Central, Cuba-Rushford, and others, BonaResponds will be helping at the Relief Run for Haiti at Delaware Park. We need both runners ($15 for students) plus volunteers. There are a limited number of seats in our van available.
For more on the race please see: http://haitirun.weebly.com/
3. All fundraising and no work makes us miserable, so on Sunday we plan on going to work in Machias. It will likely be the last time for graduating students to get to work with (uh play with?) the "boys". We will be mainly be doing landscape work and cleaning up around the outside. Time will be known soon. Follow us on Twitter for updates @BonaResponds. (http://twitter.com/BonaResponds)
4. Next weekend there will be a major car wash and clothing sale/garage sale at the Living Waters Church (near Verizon on State Street). Money will be going to help FoodForHaitiNow and BonaResponds. We will need volunteers AND dirty cars! For info see FoodForHaitiNow.org and/or contact Rob Ryer for more info.
5. Remember our big annual Spring Service Weekend is the week BEFORE Spring Weekend (work first, play the next week). Mark your calendars!
Get involved. We guarantee you will not regret it! You will have a great time and make a big difference!