It is that time of year again. Time to make goals and resolutions for the new year. Here is what we hope to achieve in the coming year:
|Garden program in Gonaives Haiti run by Djemson Jeudy|
Our overall goal is to make the world better in any way we can. Which, as our mission states, is to help. We want to make the world a better place for everyone.
Here are our more specific goals for 2015 that we believe will make the world better.
- Respond with significant numbers of volunteers and resources to make an impact to any national disaster where we are needed.
- Make a difference locally by getting people around and over roadblocks in their way.
- Develop leaders who can expand and improve our work locally and globally.
- Get more volunteers from the local community, faculty/staff, alumni, students, and local schools. This also means more groups and chapters around the country doing their own work.
- Continue the successes in Haiti schools, orphanages, and other non profits with school supply distributions, solar electric, gardening programs, and our new composting toilet projects. We hope to see all of these successes continue to prosper and grow.
- Continue and improve efforts for people who can use a helping hand wherever they are located: including, but not limited to Liberia, Costa Rica, Haiti, and the Philippines.
- Start PositiveRipples to assist micro-enterprises/businesses near and far. (Invest at least $10,000 in Haiti and Uganda working with businesses as well as $20,000 locally through SIMM).
- Improve/develop tutoring program to spread teaching of English, Science, Math, and Technology (with HaitiScholarships) in Haiti (and elsewhere?)
- Increase fundraising for HaitiScholarships by 20% to allow at least 40 students to attend school in Haiti for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Distribute a minimum of 365 WarmSnugglyBlankets to people with cancer. Also in this area we want to work to reduce cancer’s impact.
- Distribute over 500 books to local school children.
- Establish a sound financial position to get a new (used) van when needed.
- Expand the impact of Good News From Haiti
- Develop the financial resources needed to get a new van if/when needed.
- Have fun making the world a better place!