While small in terms of what they are having in the Midwest, a major thunder storm front rolled through the local area today. Olean was not hurt, but many to the South and into Pennsylvania were left without power due to downed wires and trees.
The radio said it was pretty bad, so we are going. We leave at 10:30AM (about 12 hours after we decided to go) from the Murphy Parking lot on the west side of campus.
No one knows what to expect and we may not be needed (I would feel much more comfortable if we had scouted it, but given that we heard of it at 9:15, deliberated for about an hour, and announced we were going).
Why the decision? Because it is better to go and not be needed than to not go and to be needed.
Roll-out 10:30 AM.