1. You could help in Machias building a new home for the Eisenhardt a family that has had almost unbelievably bad health issues.
2. You could Go to Friendship and help Ed and Donna move items to finish their floor. (BTW they have qualified for a NYS Conservation Assistance program and will be getting a new energy efficient furnace plus more insulation.)
3. You could take part in hunger walk leaving from the Warming House.
"This Sunday - Olean Area Walk for Hunger Relief
Please consider walking in theOlean Area Walk for Hunger Relief this Sunday, Nov 8, at 2 p.m., to aid local emergency food providers. The three mile walk begins and ends from the Warming House. Get information, including pledge sheet, in the RC from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday, or contact Trevor Thompson email@example.com, X2601"
4. Weather permitting, you could go put on the final coat of paint on the wheel chair ramp and back porch for Jim and Beverly in East Olean.
5. You could help BonaResponds help others, by putting together our shelves and organize our storage room (note: drywall screws do not go with signs and clothing!)
6. You could work on the Trails through Bob's Woods. Need dirt laid down, some branches clipped back, and for the really ambitious, some signs made.
7. If you are in Buffalo you could help Buffalo ReUse take down a house in 24 hours. Yes, they are working late night! From Buffalo Rising:
"ReUse will begin deconstruction on Sunday, November 8th, the day after the announcement. They're calling for volunteers on Sunday from about 10am until midnight, but the greatest need will be from 10am-4pm"
So get out and do something! Life is too short to sit around and watch TV. (and besides, the Bills are on a bye week ;) )
For information on these opportunities come to our meeting at 5:15 on Thursday in Murphy Aud C, or watch the blog and Twitter updates)