Friday, October 04, 2013

Happy to announce a new program whereby BonaResponds will be helping in the Phillipines

I do not know where does randomness end and "this was meant to be" starts.

This summer I hired Jen as an assistant from Odesk.  She lives in the Phillipines and was a great worker.  In our almost daily emails, a friendship was formed and she learned of BonaResponds (BR) (usually first thing I explain to anyone).  Conversations soon turned to how could BR help make things better in the Philippines. 

Well it is now 5 months later and I am happy to announce it to the public.  Well sort of. :) 

Let me start by saying, I do not know how we can help.  It is not our job to know exactly what we are going to do.  Instead we are going to support Jen and her friend Shamae in their efforts to make the world a little bit better.  Maybe through education, maybe through a reading program, or who knows.  But they are committed to helping and we are willing to help.  So if you want to get involved, let us know.

Want to see how much of need there is?  Watch this BBC documentary on the slums where millions live:

 

No comments: