Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Comments on BonaResponds from James

I asked several members of BonaResponds to write a few paragraphs about what BonaResponds means to them. They will be running here and I will link to them on the BonaResponds webpage as well.

We will start off with James Kane's comments. James as most of you know was the student leader for much of the past year and while I can say much bad about him (some of it is even true!), he will be very hard to replace and all of us in BonaResponds will have to step up.

His comments:
"BonaResponds defined my college career. It was through BonaResponds
that I developed many close friends and had several memorable moments,
such as any time Jim Mahar did something foolish.

I wish BonaResponds was around when I was a freshman at St. Bonaventure. BonaResponds provides an opportunity for people to serve communities, whether near or far, at their convenience. People who could only commit one day or an entire semester joined BonaResponds.

BonaResponds is constantly known as the group that did the "hurricane trip." It is known that BonaResponds sent nearly 300 people to the Gulf, which is the 2nd largest collegiate service trip I've ever heard of.

What a lot of people do not realize is, BonaResponds is much more than hurricane relief. They have sponsored several local service days and even responded to Buffalo after the devastating that struck on October 13, 2006.

It was through BonaResponds that I developed skills such as leadership, which define the person that I am today. BonaResponds made me a better person."


Thanks James!

No comments: