Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sean Lynch wrote from Singapore

Sean went on our first trip to Biloxi in October 2005 and was instrumental to our success.

He remained an advisor after graduation when he was in NYC and went on more trips as well as coming back to SBU for a local service weekend.

He is now in Singapore working for Moodys. He wrote in response to the newsletter. A few comments were for public consumption:

"My involvement in BonaResponds as a co-founder, volunteer, and now alumnus has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, both personally, and to those I've aided. It's helped me gain a new appreciation for how fortunate I've been in my life, while at the same time allow me to connect to those in need across the US. It's a core competency of our University to live out the Franciscan way of life, and makes us a leader among Universities regionally, nationally, and globally."

And later:

"BonaResponds has also benefited me professionally, by helping me develop my time & people management skills, and at the same time made me a more results oriented person. I can say affirmatively that BonaResponds was the strongest aspect of my resume and the primary reason I was able to land a great career out of St. Bonaventure University."

No comments: